So you want to learn how to build a coil, but you don’t even know where to begin. That’s okay, because you’re in the right place. Welcome to coil building 101: an introduction to coil building.
Building coils can help you save money, rather than buying disposable coil heads every week. It’s also a fun hobby that vapers not only take pride in, but get to enjoy the fruits of their labor. The best way to get good at it is through repetition. You’ll be building and wicking in no time.
What you’ll need:
- Resistance wire – kanthal, stainless steel, nickel, nichrome, etc.
- Flush cutters – wire cutters that can cut close in small spaces
- Tweezers – preferably ceramic tipped, to pinch your coils while pulsing
- Small metal rod – a small screwdriver, or coiling tool
- Organic cotton – or whichever wicking material you prefer
- Scissors – to trim your cotton
Other (optional) accessories:
- An ohm reader – or a mod that accurately detects resistance
- A coil jig – it can make your life a little easier
- A second vape – to vape on while you’re building those coils, silly